- It is Spring and it is Not Spring
- When the Pond in Winter Turns to Spring
- Two Big Questions on My Mind
- Winter is for Snowshoeing
- Clouds are for Everyone
- Gardening Experiment 2017.1: Raised Bed Gardening (in February!)
- What I Found When I Went Looking for a Moose
- Are you a woodpecker or a hummingbird?
- Getting Ready for Maple Syrup Season
- Planning Next Year’s Veggie Garden: 5 Questions for You to Consider
- Foraging… no… Superfood Hunting
- Winter Foraging: Chaga
- Foraging Starts in Winter
- Rethinking Resolutions
- Ax and Saw: A Project for Fall and Winter
- My New Thanksgiving Tradition
- The Sun Still Rises
- Meandering Rivers and Roads
- Getting to Know the Adirondacks
- Mindfulness Pays Off
- A Three-Day Weekend Full of Outside Time
- A Last-Minute Camping Microadventure
- An Open Letter to My Pre-Workout Self
- Baby Robins Flew the Nest!
- Suddenly Slow
- A Handful of Goals for Summer
- Nature Scenes and Hospital Recovery
- A Handful of Goals for Spring: Update
- Racing the Chippewa Canoe Triathlon
- 15 Minutes in the Morning: Garden Edition
- How Natural Light Helps You Sleep Better
- Mystery Solved: I Found My Watershed
- Experience Real, Not Virtual, Nature
- A Handful of Goals for Spring
- Accessible Raised Garden Beds
- Make Maple Cookies
- Make Maple Syrup (Part 1): Get Ready
- Make Maple Syrup (Part 2): Tap Trees
- Make Maple Syrup (Part 3): The Boil
- Moving Snow
- Small Things, Up Close
- Are you spending enough time in nature?
- Stressed out? Nature can fix that!
- The Blog, Year 3
- The Keweenaw: Why I Moved Here, Why I Stayed
- Back and Forth across Southern New England
- Mud Season: Maple Season
- 9 Air-Cleaning Houseplants That Are Almost Impossible to Kill*
- Dog Sledding for Rookie Mushers
- Hey Everybody, We’re Going Streaking!
- How to See the Northern Lights
- Making an Experience, Not a Commodity
- Project Get Out: Week 8
- Project Get Out: Week 7
- Mount Horrid and the Great Cliff
- Project Get Out: Week 6
- Project Get Out: Week 1
- Should I Blog? (Part 2)
- Should I Blog?
- You’re Not in Wisconsin Anymore
- Blueberry Mini-Adventure (and Muffins!)
- Cryptozoology 101: Bigfoot vs. Bears
- Slog this Way: Finding a Special Swamp
- Unintentional Simple Living
- My Trek to Find a Forest Island
- Country Mouse Visits the City
- Sauerkraut Gets a Makeover (And It’s Looking Better Than Ever)*
- Gardening 101: Everything You Need to Know to Actually See Your Garden Grow*
- Finding a Way to Live the Dream
- 5 Free Apps for Exploring the Outdoors
- Blow Up Your TV
- That Ethereal Sound
- Greetings from Laurentia
- Just. Don’t. Blink.
- Find Out Why YouTube is Dangerous
- The Easiest Way to Make Your Own Pickles*
- How to Prevent a Vacation Hangover
- How to Never Get Bitten By Any Bug Ever Again*
- How to Launch an Adventure
- Delayed: Making the Best of Tarmac Time
- How to Grow Your Own Sprouts at Home*
- 4 Reasons to Exercise Outside
- All the Trees in our Woods
- Very Spring, Very Fast
- Surprising Things I Learned After Giving Up Alcohol for 2 Months*
- Announcing my summer adventure!
- Why You Need a Garden
- Extreme Gratitude
- Beginning Birdwatching
- Eight Ways to Find Nature at the Airport
- Maple Syrup Roundup (Plus recipe!)
- What’s new in the woods?
- Let’s do this in May!
- Nature is so neat!
- Speaking of Routines
- Beginning of a Morning Ritual
- Two Easy Ways to Find your Watershed
- Blinded by Science
- Set goals. Then crush them.
- Places of 2013
- What’s worse than doing laundry?
- I’m not an Olympic athlete. (Surprise!!!)
- Only 168 days!
- Trees are Amazing #1
- Awesome: Wild Ones Live
- When does a duck wake up?
- Reflections on Gardening
- Welcome! And dinosaurs.